As an OB/GYN who delivered over 4,000 babies, Ron Paul knows firsthand how precious, fragile, and in need of protection life is.
Dr. Paul’s experience in science and medicine only reinforced his belief that life begins at conception, and he believes it would be inconsistent for him to champion personal liberty and a free society if he didn’t also advocate respecting the God-given right to life—for those born and unborn.
After being forced to witness an abortion being performed during his time in medical school, he knew from that moment on that his practice would focus on protecting life. And during his years in medicine, never once did he find an abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.
As a physician, Ron Paul consistently put his beliefs into practice and saved lives by helping women seek options other than abortion, including adoption. And as President, Ron Paul will continue to fight for the same pro-life solutions he has upheld in Congress, including:
* Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation modeled after his “We the People Act.”
* Defining life as beginning at conception by passing a “Sanctity of Life Act.”
Because he agrees with Thomas Jefferson that it is “sinful and tyrannical” to “compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors,” Ron Paul will also protect the American people’s freedom of conscience by working to prohibit taxpayer funds from being used for abortions, Planned Parenthood, or any other so-called “family planning” program.
The strength of love for liberty in our society can be judged by how we treat the most innocent among us. It’s time to elect a President with the courage and conviction to stand up for every American’s right to life.
* Yeah, too bad repealing Roe v Wade won’t really save lives, and actually destroy more.
* Yeah, too bad defining life as beginning at conception will create a whole slew of human rights problems/violations.
* Yeah, too bad taxpayer funds are already barred from being used for abortions, how is this even still a thing? The Hyde Amendment is pretty much common knowledge for anyone even dipping their toes into the abortion debate and yet they still peddle this whole “no taxpayer funded abortions!” bullshit. How is it people can be so infuriated by the thought of their tax dollars going towards “killing babies” here in the states but a-okay with their tax dollars being used to kill actual babies as well as children and adults in our wars? Why is it Ron Paul only wants people to be able to pull their tax dollars from contributing to family planning? Is he going to give this option for everything people don’t agree with? Will I be able to opt out of funding American wars? Will I be able to choose to put all my tax dollars into family planning if I want? If not, why not? Oh my god, the irony here is about to blow my brain out of my skull.